It is myth that registering a partnership deed means registering the partnership firm. But it is not true. Both registrations are different to a great extent.
Difference between registration of Partnership Firm and Partnership Deed
|Basis||Registration of Partnership Firm||Registration of Partnership Deed|
|Registration Authority||Registrar of Firms||Sub-Registrar of the concerned area.|
|Apparent Time||Can be registered whether at the time of its formation or subsequently||Should be registered within 4 months of its execution.|
|Purpose||To claim the benefits available to registered firms||On the demand of some private institutions like banks, etc.|
|Documents Required||1. Form no. 1
2. Partnership deed in stamp paper of Rs.200/-
3. Ownership proof of registered office
4. NOC in stamp paper of Rs.10/-
5. Residence proof of all partners.
(all documents must be attested by advocate/ notary/ CA/ Gazetted officer with seal)
|1. Copy of Id proof (Aadhar Card/ Pan Card) of all the partners and witnesses.
2. E-stamp paper with correct value of stamp duty.
3. E-registration fee receipt
4. AADHAAR No., if applicable
5. Original documents with one set of Xerox copies.
6. Two passport size photograph on both copies of documents.
|Mandatory Requirement||Not mandatory, but preferred as several benefits are available to registered partnership firm||Not mandatory|
|Concurrency||Can be registered before or after the registration of partnership deed||Can be registered before registration of partnership firm|
Procedure for registration of Partnership Deed
- Visit the official website of the Revenue Department: www.revenue.delhi.gov.in
- Select Appointment Management Service for E-Sub Registrar office.
- Take the appointment for visit to Sub-Registrar by filling requisite information.
- Visit the reception at the appointment date & time along with the appointment slip and sms.
- Visit the facilitation counter in the hall when your token no. is called.
- Present your documents to facilitator. Upon clearance by facilitator, wait for your turn for presentation before sub-registrar along with all the partners and witnesses.
- After acceptance of documents, proceed to the biometric division for finger printing and photographs. Collect the receipt on completion of registration process.
- Collect the documents after 3-4 days between 3 pm to 5 pm at delivery counter.
Documents required to be submitted to the Sub-Registrar
- Un-notarized partnership deed not older than 4 months i.e. within 4 months partnership deed should be registered otherwise it will be time-barred. If you have not registered your partnership deed within 4 months of its execution, in that case you have to prepare new partnership deed from the current date and get it registered with the sub-registrar.Each page (both side -front and back) of the partnership deed must be signed by each partner
- E-registration fee receipt of the correct value prepared by visiting the nearest Stock Holding Corporation of India (SHCIL) centre or their Authorized Collection Centre (ACC). The address of nearest SHCIL/ ACCs can be checked on the website www.shcilstamp.com
- Stamp paper of 1% of the total capital contribution by the partners. If the initial capital is nil and capital shall be contributed by the partners as per the business requirement, in that case stamp paper of Rs.200 is required.
Points merit consideration for stamp paper:
- PROPERTY DESCRIPTION must contain the name of the partnership firm along with the address of head office
- FIRST PARTY must contain the name of the 1st partner
- SECOND PARTY must contain the name of 2nd partner
- After obtaining stamp paper of requisite value, stick passport size photograph of all the partners and mention their Aadhar No/ PAN No. below their photograph.
- 2 copies of ID proof ( Aadhar Card/ PAN card) of all the partners and witnesses. One witness should be present with each partner on the appointment day. Original ID proofs must also be available on the appointment date.
- Form A and Form B (Forms received during registration of partnership firm), if available must also be attached with the set of documents
- One utility bill (not older than 2 months) in the name of the firm.
- Copy of appointment slip with the sub-registrar along with the appointment sms received on the mobile confirming the appointment.